Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I don't have insomnia, but I have internet connection.

It's 12.40am.
Drama practice later at 9am.
I'm not going to sleep because I'm actually dreading it.
Bad Sammie, bad. What kind of a director are you??
I know, I know. As Savannah would say, positive thoughts only.


I'm actually enjoying watching Hellcats even though when I saw the ads and the pilot, I thought that it would be all of candy-coated nothingness. I mean, I can actually relate to the characters. It's not everyday you get something like that on TV. Well okay, it's not everyday I get something like that on TV. But I mean, these people are actually doing what I would do in those situations, they're even speaking my language - sort of. Well, you just don't get people speaking good English here.
It nearly killed me when I saw they'd cut it after one season.
It was nice to not feel so alone for once.
But no.

It's not fair. Every series I start watching that I actually think is worth watching, they cancel after just ONE season because America (majority reigns supreme) doesn't like it. (Think: Dollhouse.)


Instead, they are totally air-headed shows that are full of nothing but hot air. (Gossip Girl, anyone?) What kind of shows are those? Do people actually relate to that? If they are, our world is doomed to be stuffed to the seams with nothing but insubstantial fluff.

Gone were the days when people actually thinked like...me.
And gone are the actually interesting characters, like Adele DeWitt and Topher Brink. (I'm sorry, Paul Ballard appeared rather air-headed to me.)

Adelle DeWitt (Dollhouse)
  ♥;
because she is pretty cool.


And Dan Patch. But maybe it's just because he is good eye candy. ;)

temptationtoglee:

Endless list of people who are either incredibly hot, very funny, very cool or all of the above:Matt Barr

(Matt Barr spamming on Tumblr. *haaawt*)

 
Well, so was Eliza Dushku. ;)



I am now going to lament the loss of good TV programmes. And not sleep for drama practice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment