Tuesday, October 13, 2009

De-freezing this Cold Storage

I'm going to miss PMR. There goes one week of fond memories, more outstanding ones including the invigilator on the second day helping us out with the ridiculous Science Paper 2 (though she should have checked my second cross-pollination question, my answer was just plain brainless. Don't ask me what it is. I can't stop laughing every time I think of it.), Roze Nn, Monica, Michelle, Shaina, Yun Lynn and I happily revising outside class, giggling the first time we were scanned with the thermometer, laughing over the last question on BM Paper 2 and having the invigilator shut us up, being in the noisiest class where most of the guys cheated on every paper, being able to eat lunch with different people everyday (some of whom I haven't spoken to in months), counting down the days, the hours, the minutes.
A part of me wishes it wasn't over.
Because freedom comes with a price of RM1000++ from my own account. Not including the free chauffeur service, which I really should be paying for.
Money doesn't grow on trees. And I don't mind keeping it that way. Because I've seen and know what it can do to people and I know it can do the same to me. I'd rather work for a living than get off easy because that's what I know will make me become the person I want to be besides it being damn worth the effort.
Speaking of which, I need a job. Besides my long term one. Which, despite being demanding, is (or so I am making myself believe) going to be an experience I'll be wanting more of (I hope). And thus being said, another thing I'll miss about Form 3 is Pn. Norlia.
Really. My voice is not dripping with sarcasm like it usually is.
Teachers, I've realized, are rarely appreciated enough. Because bearing in mind the things Pn. Norlia goes through just to get to school (or at least from what she told us), they put far more dedication into their job than what we expect them to. And no, I'm not taking her side just to bribe her into putting Carmen and I into the same class next year (which she'd better do nonetheless), but we'll be losing a Moral teacher who actually put some effort into teaching us(or at least better than 3BR's).
That doesn't mean I'm taking her advice on the path to my chosen career. Even if I don't score 7A's, which, I would like to confirm no matter how much I want it, I do not deserve.
Or maybe it's just because I don't mind getting a B for BM to assure that there are measures being taken to reassess our marking scheme. Why am I trying to be so justified for our country's own good?
But getting straight A's will not determine success in life, or even what stream I go to next year. My definition of success just isn't academic excellence, financial well-being or having your name in the paper (for the right reasons, of course). I'll have achieved a successful life when I've made a difference (for the better) in at least one other person's life and do not pay police officers to get out of receiving driving tickets.
Since I haven't gotten my licence, I suppose the time is not ripe to judge whether my life is a success or not.

By the way, if your number isn't registered on my phone and you don't introduce yourself, please excuse my ignoring you for fear you might be another one of the three post-PMR stalkers who are back to their favourite pastime of haunting my poor mobile. Like they did the whole of today afternoon. But being me (duh), I've gotten used to random guys messaging or calling me and asking me for confidential information like where I live and whether I'm still single or not.
That doesn't mean it doesn't drive my sister and I insanely up the wall.
Believe me, you do not impress any girl by constantly haunting them and not even telling them your name.
Nor does checking me out from ten feet away like I can't see you work on me. I'm not that desperate, dear.
Nor am I living in denial. Or at least, I wouldn't appear to be if total acceptance had any benefits, which it so does not appear to. Because friends are like that. They tease you for the rest of the world to see and hear just because your reactions are so irresistibly cute everyone should see them.
To tell the truth, I never really did deny anything as far as I can remember. But that doesn't mean I have to confirm what everybody's saying. And so I won't. Even if my darlings have made sure everyone we know are at least aware of the situation. *Very, very annoyed glare.
If you're going to skulk behind me, either wallow in jealously or graciously accept having to bear something out of your reach. And you, forgive for me being led to believe that you're just kidding yourself when you say you're over me. I'm probably wrong.
And you. Do us both a favour and stop being the idiot she keeps branding you.


There's only one Reason I Should Have You.
And that's if you think you should have me too.
(But...it's too late to edit it and no way am I re-PDF-ing the entire file.)

No comments:

Post a Comment