Monday, July 20, 2009

Canai-ed. (editted)

Before anything else, this comes on Hong Wei's request.

Sorry that the only thing I remember about my speech for the public speaking competition was the roti canai part. X)
"Bahasa Melayu can in fact be compared to, say, a roti canai. Now, if we added eggs to the roti canai, thus making it a roti telur, would it lose it's identity as a roti canai? No, the essence of the roti canai still remains within the roti telur. Such is the case of studying English while still up keeping the values of our national language, Bahasa Melayu."
That's what kind of on-the-spot nonsense I come up with for not preparing at all. But my spontaneous crap was so much better than my memorized script and notes. XD
(Which I am too lazy to type out. So just ask me personally for my chicken-scratch points. XP)

There was once a wise guy who shared this philosophy: Life is like a roti canai. :) You should hear it, it's awesome. I bet he would have been so proud to hear me earlier today. X) Right?

All the other contestants were so much more prepared. I loved the DJ participants, they were so awesomee. :) Monica and I were like, the last few. Thus giving us more time to freak out.
If either of us get picked for the finals, it'd be like...a miracle. We were so nervous we couldn't even eat. And during this short period of total hyperventilation (on my part), I think one of our biggest mistakes was to compare Praveen...to Danush. O.O What re-tard-ed-ness.
I think among the other participants, we were like, the youngest. All of them were so experienced. Compared to us. Utterly clueless. But, like Monica said, it was good exposure. (Therefor we are so going back next year, right?!)
I wanted to stay back. But Pn. Vee had to leave. So we went back to school to lepak. :)
Out of the number of Sam-where-were-you-why-didn't-you-come-to-receive-your-medal-???'s, Zoe's was still the best. :)
"Sam! Where were you today? How come I didn't know there was a public speaking competition?? Oh well. I still screamed for you the loudest during assembly!"
Lol. Thanks, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment