If you sat me in front of the most terrifying thriller movie right now, I would probably fall asleep within the opening credits. But I can’t afford to do that. I don’t even have the time to study. I so need to finish my Geography and History course work and actually start packing my bags. For when? Tomorrow afternoon. Wow, how well I coordinate myself. *voice drips with acidic sarcasm. And what have I been doing for the past few hours? Reading a free online download of the first book of Meg’s Cabot Mediator series.
And continuously running up and down the stairs to answer calls from Chrishen, who is freaking out and making me freak out too. After all the "chilling" I tried to put myself through last Thursday, and thinking this would all be so simple compared to that, this is what I get for it?! Apparently so. Some peaceful weekend to escape from my projects and revise in serenity.
But there are still major things to thank God for:
- That my computer has been resurrected and is now free of the cyber world’s A(H1N1).
- That the Canadian pizza people came on time with the toaster, buntings, and most importantly, 40 pizzas. (By the way, did you know that a pizza toaster is like, three times the size of a regular microwave?! Imagine how huge their ovens are!)
- That Chrishen and I didn't skip class.
- That Beatrice, Beatrice and I managed to finish selling thirty-nine pizzas with profit.
- That we cleaned up the cafeteria.
- That Michael kindly gave me about 20 packets of those sinfully delicious chocolate brownies, F.O.C. Yum… =)
- That, on a stiflingly warm Sunday afternoon, three girls managed to find shade beneath a tree beside the community centre. And there they sat, enjoying the extra seafood pizza, brownies and chilled pink guava juice as they plotted the torture of their juniors for the following weekend. (Junior is definitely not the right word. I mean, more than half of them are like, older than me. Whoa. I’m growing old too fast!) X)
- That my dad fixed the D-string on the classical guitar so I can now play with that guitar when my fingers hurt from the Kapok.
- That I'm finally getting my own guitar. X) About time. Although I would be better of with a new phone.
- That tomorrow is almost here and I to go for camp the weekend before exams! Yays.
- That I managed to at least open my revision books. Even if I didn't really read them.
- That I finally got my sore throat to the perfect intensity to get half my sexay singing voice back. XP And that I have limbs to dance with when I lose that voice.
- That I found the props box and will never let it out of sight again until I empty it.
- That I'm sitting with a bunch of such awesome, love-struck girls who know how to take my mind off other things. =P
- That life is not as complicated as people make it out to be. And that I have friends to tell me so when I forget. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment