Sunday, September 18, 2011

Newsworthy stuff.

So. Najib has announced that ISA will be repealed, along with a slew of other controversial laws.

This should be interesting.

According to the majority of Malaysian media, many officials and political leaders are in full support of him, describing the move as timely, appropriate, a step towards a better Malaysia, etc. They laud him for listening to the voices of the people and praise his unexpectedly bold move to demolish certain draconian elements of our law. He is certainly driving Malaysia in the right direction, they say.

Of course, everyone agrees to the abolishment of ISA, even the government that has continuously defended it since 1960 because only after 50-over years, more than 10 000 arrests and the backsliding of their popularity, especially after the way they handled the Bersih 2.0 rally, does Barisan realize the erroneous mistake that is ISA. To admit they were previously wrong by enforcing the act would show a sign of political weakness as it would prove that they are indeed capable of making mistakes, which can't happen because then they'd lose the next GE. And surely claims must be made that this idea was solely Barisan's, that, to quote the Prime Minister, 'they received no pressure from any quarter'  and 'only Barisan can serve the people well'.

Personally, although there is no way I wouldn't welcome the repeal of ISA (unless the new laws to replace it are even more constricting and draconian), I think better statements could be issued besides ones that run along the lines of 'Barisan is almighty and Pakatan does not stand a chance'. We can understand that this whole thing is supposed to reflect well on Barisan and all that, but really, shoving it in our faces is getting really annoying. I mean, come on. Stop showing off, especially before you make another entirely contradictory statement that Netizens are going to lambast. (Lambast - is that word not awesome?)

Due to the possibility of failing Biology tomorrow, I shouldn't be online at all. But I've decided that I've had enough of the narrow views expressed by mainstream newspapers and that the only place to find differing opinions are 'free and independant' news portals like MalaysiaKini and Malaysia Today.

I'm glad I did. You'll understand.
Forget about the papers and re-brainwash yourselves, people.

P.S. READ THIS.
And isn't it funny how Barisan uses sex scandals to overthrow their political opponents? First Anwar Ibrahim, now Mat Sabu.
If our government wasn't our government, this would be incredibly comical.
Wait, I take that back. This is comical.

No comments:

Post a Comment