Wednesday, September 28, 2011

All there is to say.

Our dear MCA president Dato' Seri Dr Chua Soi Lek was quoted in the papers today.

Like he always is.

In fact, that's about the only thing you can be assured you will read in the papers within the week, apart from the daily page 2 headlines of "Najib says" and "Muhyiddin says".

Yes, Chua Soi Lek is a man of many, many words. He has words of how the Pakatan is showing total disunity in the face of the hudud issue, how DAP should leave if they can't except it, how their leaders are not keeping their promises, how they are epic failures in running Selangor and their other states, how BN has always kept its promises, how people should vote for BN because of that, how Pakatan are total washouts, how BN should be venerated by all, and...that's about it. Yes, there are certainly many words and phrase one can use to effectively describe how the opposition is failing - so much so that it's all he needs to say to get his name in the paper every couple of days.

On second thought, that's pretty much whatever Muhyiddin is quoted as saying, too.

If you actually search for Chua Soi Lek on The Star's search engine, you will discover - to no surprise if you actually read the paper everyday - that the only thing Chua Soi Lek does is say stuff. "...said Chua Soi Lek," and "Chua Soi Lek said," are quite literally the only phrases that appear on your page, so much so that this guy seems to be setting a track record of how many times he can be quoted successively. In light of his desire to maintain this, I'm sure we can excuse him for not actually appearing to do anything besides lounge around in a plushy armchair with a microphone in front of him.

At least Muhyiddin visits schools and actually makes decisions on our education system, unpopular though they may be.

Najib, at least, makes far more diplomatic, politically and socially acceptable statements and decisions to boot - which is of course part of his job as Prime Minister. However, Chua's statements are all targetted at undermining the opposition and (attempting to) raise favour for Barisan. Najib is just making confusingly contradicting statements like this that do nothing to convince people of his competence. Lucky for him though, there are only so many people who actually notice.

Words. That's all we have from our leaders (and old nutters who should be branded as too senile to get politically involved and shut up before they cause more racial and religious tension) and that's all we need for chaos - unless the right words can be said. But as for now, no one seems to be saying them.

*     *     *

Blast Physics. I know I'll probably sorely regret this because getting anything less than an A for Physics will destroy any chance I have of getting a scholarship for a January intake. But I doubt anyone will actually care whether or not I've memorized Lenz Law word for word. So I have spent four hours reading unauthorized Malaysian news sources for some real education.

And though I'm actually considering going to that particular college now just for a chance to snag him (thank you dear friends for implanting the picture and idea into my head; it is truly revolting), it still isn't a top preference, I doubt I could get in and even if I could on a full scholarship, I'm not rich enough to live in that kind of environment dears. I'm sure there are other equally good-lookng, intellectual, eligible English lecturers in other colleges, because now that you've given me the idea... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment