I never had to wish.
'Til now.
I wish I had more credit to message him because he's the only person who still talks to me sincerely.
Even if he might not understand me.
Even if he's going to be like her and not have an opinion of his own or be like him and ask me to just "go with the flow".
Well, face it, I don't want to go with the flow because I'm sick and tired of flowing in what I know is the wrong direction and I am not going to wait to hit rock bottom before turning around when it is possible for us to turn around now.
Things just aren't the same as they were a year ago, when I still had someone to stay up until four o'clock in the morning with while sneezing under my blankets but refusing to go to sleep just so we could stay up and talk. (And also because the chalet room was so freezing cold, and it wasn't worth sleeping for two hours just to wake up at six the next day. But then we'd learnt from our massive headaches back at The Farm.)
I used to be on the same wavelength as a lot of people, but I guess we've changed. At least it hasn't torn us apart. Half a year superglued us enough for that. I don't think I'm still on the same wavelength as her either. But still. It'd be nice to actually have time for someone and have that someone have time for you. I miss her too. Ten minutes per month isn't enough.
Her words drove a hole in my heart and made me start wondering whether it was really worth having a best friend at all. But I suppose at times, we're human, and we can't help being selfish with each other. Even if it meant her hating everything that meant the world to me? Maybe not.
I don't know what to think anymore. But I don't want to think the way he does. I don't think the way he does. Even if it's worth listening to.
So what can I do?
I'm not so easily satisfied anymore.
If I see Orion's Belt, do I get three wishes?
I wish.
No comments:
Post a Comment