I may be back in the atmosphere
But it’ll take some time finding my place here
I’m back from that soul vacation
Done tracing my way through the constellations
I’ll tell you how I sailed across the sun
And made it to the Milky Way where all the lights were faded
Yeah, heaven can be overrated
And I’ll admit I fell for a shooting star
No, he didn’t leave a permanent scar
And yeah, I missed you while I was looking for myself out there
Let me imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Tell me you would always be sticking up for me
Even when you know I’m wrong
I’d like no first dance, freeze-dried romance
Five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that I’ve ever had…and you
But it’ll take some time finding my place here
I’m back from that soul vacation
Done tracing my way through the constellations
I’ll tell you how I sailed across the sun
And made it to the Milky Way where all the lights were faded
Yeah, heaven can be overrated
And I’ll admit I fell for a shooting star
No, he didn’t leave a permanent scar
And yeah, I missed you while I was looking for myself out there
Let me imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Tell me you would always be sticking up for me
Even when you know I’m wrong
I’d like no first dance, freeze-dried romance
Five-hour phone conversation
The best soy latte that I’ve ever had…and you
I am a question to the world
Not an answer to be heard
Or a moment, that’s held in your arms
And what do you think you’d ever say
I won’t listen anyway
You don’t know me
And I’ll never be who you want me to be
And I want a moment to be real
Want to touch things I don’t feel
Want to hold on and feel I belong
And you see the things they never see
All you wanted – I could be
Now you know me
And I’m not afraid
And I want to tell you who I am
Want to make you understand
They can’t break me
As long as I know who I am
They can’t tell me who to be
’Cause I’m not what they see
Yeah, the world is still sleeping while I keep on dreaming for me
And their words are just whispers and lies that I’ll never believe
You are everything I want
You are everything I need
You are everything inside of me that I wish I could be
You say all the right things
At exactly the right time
But you mean nothing to me and I don’t know why
Looking for someone to put me together
Looking for someone to push me away
There’s always another room to discover
Always something more you could have said
You are everything I need
You are everything inside of me that I wish I could be
You say all the right things
At exactly the right time
But you mean nothing to me and I don’t know why
Looking for someone to put me together
Looking for someone to push me away
There’s always another room to discover
Always something more you could have said
And I don’t want the world to see me
When even those reading this can’t understand
Now that my tear tracks have frozen
Do you still want to know who I am?
Train; John Rzeznik; Vertical Horizon; Goo Goo Dolls.
Don't be stupid and ask me if I'm okay.
No comments:
Post a Comment