Ten Reasons why ATC needs a debating society (if they do not already have one):
- A law school not having a debating society is just unheard of.
- A law school not being represented at debating competitions and tournaments is just completely ridiculous.
- Law students not being able to partake in this wonderfully exhilarating art goes against natural law.
- Those of us not currently pursuing a degree in law should not be denied the opportunity to enhance our eloquence because we're not allowed to moot.
- The fact that every motion can and must be viewed from numerous angles will encourage us to think critically and analytically when approaching issues, even and especially exam questions.
- We will not only have the opportunity but be forced to stay abreast with current issues and contemporary arguments, hence making us more concious and liberal as citizens and members of this world.
- Because I'm there and I need to debate.
- Because if the founder of TARC's debate club can get 4A*s then so can I.
- Because if this guy can get 4A*s for the (almost) exact subject combination I intend to take and debate (granted he's only a novice but still) then so can I.
- Sucess in the debating arena will no doubt ensure that the college receives due recognition and respect for producing not just high achievers but intelligent, well-rounded assets to society.
And for the reasons stated above and many others, I am proud to propose.
No comments:
Post a Comment