"You might think I look confident on the outside, but inside I'm actually really insecure."It was a passing sentence, but it became the only thing I remember of him. He isn't the only person like that on the show and he definitely isn't the only one in the world. In fact, there are a whole lot of more insecure people on that show. But it's not everyday (or ever) when you find people who can say that sincerely on (inter)national television. That took guts.
I shouldn't have judged too quickly, especially when it comes to reality TV where I now realize producers can manipulate the contestants to seem like someone they're not. (How did I miss that?) But that's what we all do everyday, assume all the egoistic prats of the world don't emote at all (even if some of them are quite obviously nothing but blockheads). Take a step back, try to understand because there's possibly more to them. There's possibly an insecure human just like me under all that pretention. Someone I can understand, someone I can feel closer to, someone to empathize with.
Empathy breeds compassion.
And he shouldn't have gotten kicked out in the episode I finally realized he was a good guy. I am so annoyed with the show now. =.="
* * *
A budget is supposed to be a financial plan, a list of planned expenditures and revenues. It's purpose is to forecast most usually the year's financial activities. And according to Wikipedia, enables the 'actual financial operation' to be compared to the prediction.
It is not supposed to be toted as a goodie bag and a reason for the Prime Minister to turn into Santa. Of course, if Prime Minister Santa decided you were "good" that year (or at least good for him), you'd get something out of the bag and then you probably wouldn't be complaining. Or maybe you would because what you've gotten isn't enough or just isn't what you wanted.
In any case, everyone's complaining. The "goodies" aren't for everyone but everyone thinks they need financial support from the government even if they can afford three meals a day. Everyone thinks their needs should be addressed in the budget because really - everyone thinks the budget has to be about them. Everything has to be about them.
Well folks, hate to burst the little bubble your life has been ensconed it because in case you haven't noticed, it's not. Why can't we encourage our government to actually give a proper, cohesive and feasible financial plan for our country instead? Having a protection plan against national bankrupcy is, I think, a little more important than students getting cash vouchers. But no, the people don't feed off that.
Delayed reaction, I know, but I've had it with the people who are still complaining in supermarket queues about how their government has ignored them once again. Oh, please just suck it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment