Thursday, August 11, 2011

Things I can't say,

Dear people of the world,

I have decided not to condemn you for calling me pretty. No, it’s not because I’m a narcissist and believe I really am that pretty. It’s because I have finally decided that since I’m living in this world, I might as well accept some of its superficial customs like rating people based on prettiness. That still doesn’t mean I think I’m pretty. I’m still going to stick to the principle that only things are pretty and all living things like you and me are beautiful – not pretty.

But go ahead, call me pretty. I’ve decided to be a nicer person by not telling people to cut the superficial crap and that prettiness holds no value and that it doesn’t really mean a thing and that being pretty isn’t always a blessing. No. I’ve decided to be nice by just saying thank you even though there are a whole lot of other things I would like to say. The people who would appreciate it are the people who wouldn’t call me pretty.

Boys,

If you knew half of who I really am – minus the ‘prettiness’ – you’d think twice about wanting to hang out with me or take me to prom. Though sometimes I think many of your species actually are bone-headed enough to go out with a girl for her looks instead of the fact that she may be a suicidal, self-cutting, self-starving, crap-talking, politics-obsessed, rude, selfish, arrogant child like me who doesn’t really care about the feelings of half of the guys in the world. See, that’s what girls turn into when you give them too much attention. And yet you still give them attention. Really boys, some of your people are weird.

But then girls do exactly the same thing so I suppose some of our people are equally weird.

I’m sorry. I know I’m being mean, condemning all those people who want to be superficial. I truly have nothing against you. In fact, please continue. It is you awesome first-impression-is-everything people who have got me so far. I just don’t see myself ever being to live with any of you is all, because then I would feel terrible by condemning such philosophies in front of your faces all the time.

When it comes to some people (like me), first impressions don’t count and neither do the next twenty. Though I honestly don’t understand what it is I’ve been doing wrong all these years by sending out so many screwed up ‘signals’, I’d say I’m anything but nice and kind and…well, likable. In fact, you should be wondering why you ever thought favourably of me at all. Maybe I just know better than to show how cruel and self-centered I really am because that wouldn’t get me anywhere in this world. So I’ve actually led you to believe that I’m a nice person only to forward my purposes.

Hey. This is news. News I should not be telling you. You will now erase this all from your memory. And keep calling me pretty while I learn to shut up, smile and say thank you.

(Very) Sincerely,
The Sheep (baa.)

P.S. By the way, I’m the kind of coward who can’t say things to your face and posts things on her blog. So really, I'm every inch of horrible and nohwere near nice. Really. say something

No comments:

Post a Comment