Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Across the finish line

It wasn't about winning. I knew we wouldn't get anything in the end.
It was about making sure I didn't give up, that I didn't stop running, that I could make it to the end without losing a step.
I'm just happy I did. :)

Really in the mood for chocolate right now. And sleep.

The other day I was attending a talk on handling stress in which the facilitator kept going on about how suicide was stupid.
She sounded just like everyone else, saying suicide is stupid. "Like, why would anybody do anything as idiotic as ending their lives? What idiots those people were."
I wonder if these people really knew what they were talking about. I wonder what they're trying to prove. Are they trying to stop people from commiting suicide?
BECAUSE CALLING A SUICIDAL PERSON STUPID IS EFFING NOT GOING TO STOP THEM KILLING THEMSELVES.
And I am DISGUSTED at how many people think it is. That isn't tough love, if that's what you think it is. THAT is stupid.
People are not killing themselves because they are stupid. People are far from stupid. Being hurt, depressed, not knowing how to share their problems, being psychologically and emotionally different - none of that is stupid. Is it so wrong that they have different needs than the rest of us? Is it wrong that they react differently to pressure? Are the STUPID because of that?
No. They are freaking well not.

But if you think so, do raise your arguements.

No comments:

Post a Comment