Monday, February 7, 2011

hope it's understandable.

They say it’s only at the end where things really begin.

And there we were on the way out of Damansara Perdana at 10.30pm after Michael and Praveena’s farewell, right in front of the little tunnel U-turn on the LDP when Augustine decided that ‘the lane he was in wasn’t really a lane’, thus causing him to turn to his left, which led to the Kepong toll.

That wasn’t an issue; I knew there was a U-turn we could make further down…what I didn’t know was that we had to keep to the left, which I only figured after we found ourselves on the flyover above the U-turn.

Well, never mind that, we managed to find the toll again after driving around on the MRR2 and after another big U-turn to some place called Valencia, we ended up right in front of it…to find out it was a different toll.

Which we took right into a very familiar looking highway…that led to the Sungai Buloh overhead bridge restaurant.

At 11.20pm on a school night, Augustine, Bernard and I were on the NKVE on the way to Rawang.



Bernard: Where’s Rawang? Is it next to PJ?
Me: Er…Rawang is right below KKB.
Augustine: Woo! SIC Youth Rally 2011!
Okay fine, the truth is we weren’t lost or anything…we were just too psyched about the 2011 SIC Youth Rally that we had to stop by at KKB…in early February. ;)

Further down the highway, we saw a turning to KL, which we took and drove along to this huge hill with huge letters on it spelling, ‘DESA PARK CITY’. I still don’t know where that is, but it seemed to be one of the biggest (really, it was HUGE) landmarks around. So Augustine continues driving…until I see the KL Tower! :D And KLCC, of course.

Yeah, KKB just wasn’t enough for us; we had to go to KL too. ;D

We finally made it to Jalan Duta, which Augustine apparently knew. (Praise the Lord!!) So we took straight through the Penchala Link (big, shinny tunnel :D)…all the way back to…

DAMANSARA PERDANA! :D
‘Hey Marc, we’re back! After 1 ½ hours of driving up past Sungai Buloh and then down to Segambut.’

But no, we didn’t go back to his condo even though we did pass it. We ended back up where we began in front of the little tunnel U-turn on the LDP. This time though, Augustine kept to his right, which by then we’d all believed was the actual lane until…

‘Augustine…I think that was a lane…” (points to the ‘lane that wasn’t really a lane’ on the left)
‘But just now I was there alone and there were five cars in this lane so I thought that wasn’t a lane! And now all the cars are going to that ‘lane’!’
Oh well. I guess it was a pretty good experience and at least now we know where taking the Kepong tolls lead to. ;) No, my mom wasn’t pissed or anything. She and my dad just shook their heads when I told them how many tolls we went through. XD And hey, at least we made it back to PJ safely and without running out of fuel or anything, right? :)
It’s home sweet home. PRAISE THE LORDD. :)

(Dear Chrishen Gomez, Roeshan Gomez and Aaron Mathew,
Hope you all got THAT. XD)

No comments:

Post a Comment