IT'S. NOT. OVER.
YOU probably have no idea what this is like. Before all this, I may have once thought I would reluctant to let it go. After it began, such a thought seemed laughable. Now...I don't even have the thought anymore.
For days and days and days I have spent every waking moment with a hundred and one worries on my mind, lists of things to do that would never end, one thing after another. I've been rushing, short-handed, afflicted with nausea, headaches, fever, bodily aches, hurting toes and heels, etc.
I'm still afflicted with awful nausea that makes me feel like a bulimic and I'm still short-handed and rushing and lacking in communication. I'm sick and I'm tired and really, all I want right now is to find the right medicine to stop me from throwing up all my meals like some depressed teenage girl with eating disorders.
And even through all this gastronomical turmoil, I have at least three people yelling at me to get things done because we don't have time. I've had to run back and forth across an NS camp site to do a hundred and one things for a hundred and one reasons, least of all to take a bath.
And now, you'd think that back home it'd be all over. But it's not.
IT'S. ANYTHING. BUT. OVER.
But you know what? It cannot be denied that, at the end of the day, no matter how skeptical I was, God's glory was revealed. :) And that, I believe, is worth anything.
Regardless of who we were, what we did, where we went wrong, what we thought, how we felt, He made Himself known to over 200 people throughout those four days. It's not about me. It's not about the team. It's not even about those 180 people we've slaved away for. No.
It's all about HIM.
I'm still afflicted with awful nausea that makes me feel like a bulimic and I'm still short-handed and rushing and lacking in communication. I'm sick and I'm tired and really, all I want right now is to find the right medicine to stop me from throwing up all my meals like some depressed teenage girl with eating disorders.
And even through all this gastronomical turmoil, I have at least three people yelling at me to get things done because we don't have time. I've had to run back and forth across an NS camp site to do a hundred and one things for a hundred and one reasons, least of all to take a bath.
And now, you'd think that back home it'd be all over. But it's not.
IT'S. ANYTHING. BUT. OVER.
But you know what? It cannot be denied that, at the end of the day, no matter how skeptical I was, God's glory was revealed. :) And that, I believe, is worth anything.
Regardless of who we were, what we did, where we went wrong, what we thought, how we felt, He made Himself known to over 200 people throughout those four days. It's not about me. It's not about the team. It's not even about those 180 people we've slaved away for. No.
It's all about HIM.
No comments:
Post a Comment