Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I wish I was there, but oh well. I'm here.

I decided to get my hair trimmed today since it was starting to frizz and split really badly. And while he was trimming, the hairdresser said my hair was extremely damaged and needed treatment. :"( Lesson learnt - PANTENE ADS ARE HOAXES.
But the hairdresser was cute. ;)

I've spent the last two days reading Anna Karenin. It’s not that I don’t appreciate or enjoy impossibly thick classics, I love them for all the time and intellect they take and how everything is so lovingly described that you’re just sucked into this fabricated world where you can share the thoughts and emotions of basically everyone there. It’s just that Mr. Tolstoy is way (way) too long-winded for my preference. Frankly, Anna Karenin reminds me of those never-ending Taiwanese soaps my grandmother adores that spins from the life of one character to the next when the former no longer has a fanciful tale to tell. In basically one-eighth of the book (which is as far as I’ve read, the story goes as such:

Oblonsky, a high-ranking man in Moscow, cheats on his wife Dolly. Oblonsky meets a friend, Levin, who is a farmer. Levin loves Dolly’s sister, Kitty, and plans on marrying her. Kitty is in love with Vronsky, a soldier and so rejects Levin. Levin is brokenhearted. (That was the first few chapters summarized for you with till no sign of an Anna Karenin.) Oblonsky’s sister, (finally) Anna Karenin is visiting him to help fix his marriage. Anna meets Vronsky and they fall in love with each other. Vronsky travels back to Petersburg with Anna and thus breaks Kitty’s heart. Vronsky and Anna start having an affair, which is noticed by the general public and Anna’s husband, Karenin and her son, Seriozha. Meanwhile, Levin has found his notorious brother, Nikolai, in Moscow. He also has another half brother, the famed writer Sergei Ivanovich. Levin returns to his farm after being dumped by Kitty and continues his work. Oblonsky and Dolly’s marriage however, is falling apart again after being momentarily mended by Anna.
And that’s just the summary of the first eighth of the book. And did I mention that the book is as thick as a dictionary and the font is tinier than even standard Oxford-dictionary-sized font?

So I’ve left my book for…the CD I burned in 2008 for Opening! :) Found it while I was clearing today. I’ve been looking for this everywhere considering it’s the only record I have of Lecrae offline. :) Did you remember we used the Mission Impossible theme song as our opening song? Well, after WonderSam and KakuMan, of course. :) *flashback*
There were things, are things about out that will always be different. But that’s what made us special. You should hear what my sister has to say about it all. ;)

Having spent the first few hours of today in utter boredom, I was saved when my phone beeped with incoming message tones. :) Tsk, stop texting from work. Unless, of course, you’re texting me because “that’s part of your job”. ;) I have feeling this kinda thing is gonna happen a lot next year. But I definitely don’t mind. :D


Currently listening to: Crossover by Lecrae

No comments:

Post a Comment