Sunday, August 1, 2010

This time for – us. X)

Regrets? Screw them. I have NO regrets. Some things were definitely meant to be. Like a futsal team captaincy.
Strike one, baybeh. ;)
Friday evening – I didn't even want to be there, knowing I'd most likely be late for mass. But there I was with my two-hour trained-by-Wesley,-Melvin,-Ashraff-and-other-4A-guys team of nine girls. We were already accepting defeat to 3IX knowing how viciously trained by Syahir and Vinodhen and how vicious they were anyway. But? We won. Penalty, 1-0. ;) Shocked? So were we.
That day, one sister went home celebrating and the other went home crying. ;)
That night.
Shawn J: Eh Samantha, why your hair so smooth and sleek one today?Me: Because I've been playing futsal and didn't have time to wash it.
Michael: You look bald. You know, except your head is black. Your nose is so flat.
Me: Is not!
Michael: Oh, it's probably just because your hair makes your head look so egg-shaped. So your nose has to look flatter to go with the egg shape.
Eh, JYM futsal one day, 'kay. ;)
Saturday – We started passing practice without warming up, but we were going to lose to 5A anyway. (Obviously because they were pretty athletic and vicious – or maybe that was just Shiat Hui.) We strategized to defend, though that didn't work out the way we wanted it to seeing as how Hui Ann kept kicking the ball out on our side even though all of us and 5A screamed furiously at her not to. =.=" Then we unintentionally took way too long for a goalie change, which forced the game to end on a penalty shoot out. There was never a master plan to waste time, okay! =.=" Don't blame us for having a better goalie and penalty kicker than you. (Just kidding, it was pure luck. XP)
We faced our dear "friends", 4BR after that knowing they'd beaten three teams already and were pretty good. We were rough? Hey, face it, there are no such things as "friends" on the opposing team when you're on the field. (Sorry Jeanne.) We ended with a 1-0 penalty again through Mei Wei, our secret weapon. ;)
So that meant we were at the finals! Already? Yes, against 4D. The "ganas" team.
'If they're ganas, we're just going to be ganas-er.' – Rachel Law
So were were. It was a bloody match; literally. Shalini's eye got seriously injured and the nasty cut on Poh Yee's lip left bloodstains on her shirt. But it was so worth it. :) No, we didn't win. But I can fairly say on behalf of my team, we don't mind. Getting past the first round was rewarding enough. At least I can be proud to say no one on my team got a yellow card for mouthing off in the middle of the game. ;P
Honestly – I'm just honoured to have captained such an awesome team. :)
KGL – Kuala Lumpur Gangstas? HAHA - nah. Kamal's Lovely Girls! \m/Really, we should have this Soccerthon thing every year. X)

No comments:

Post a Comment